The LSI test is one of the few instruments on the market that measures the most important aspects of leadership, i.e. the ability to implement, communicate/lead and drive changes in a more complex world.
BP, LSI and the ability tests are important parts of the recruitment process. The tests increase the accuracy and the quality of the recruitment decisions.
- Founded in Denmark in 1959.
- Swedish offices opened in Helsingborg in 1984, in Malmö in 1999 and thereafter in Stockholm and Gothenburg.
- In 2000 Anita Otterheim Hjalmarsson and Jan Olsson acquired the company. In the autumn 2019, the company was acquired by Dreamwork Scandinavia.
- Experts in Executive Search, Executive Interim, Board Services (Board Recruitment & Evaluations) and Executive Coaching of Leaders and Management Teams.
- The team at Lisberg consists of Senior Consultants with their own solid management experience and experienced Research Consultants who are experts in identifying and attracting interesting candidates.
- As a member of the IMD International Search Group (International Search & Consulting Network), with offices in 23 countries, Lisberg participates frequently in international recruitments. At the same time, they have access to a global network that can assist clients when there is a need for international managers and in global recruitments
- Lisberg is a member of AESC, Association of Executive Search Consultants, a worldwide organization that organizes Executive Search Consultants globally according to very specific quality requirements.
Lisberg uses Psytest´s BP – Basic Profile and LSI – Leadership style Inventory in management recruitment and assessment (Leadership Development)
The challenge by recruitment is to connect and understand the profile of the individual, in relation to the requirements of the position and the challenge for the individual. It is important to understand the organization, in what direction it is developing and the demands put on the leadership (now and for about three years to come). The change dimension is extremely important as the world changes so quickly and the complexity is increasing. Lisberg has got many years of experience and in-depth insight in Executive Search, but in a complex and changing environment, more and better tools are needed to understand the individual and the organization to select the right candidate in the recruitment process. An unsuccessful recruitment is expensive for all parts involved – both for the organization and for the individual as well as for the consultancy.
Lisberg offers a service and advice where the tests are an important part:
- The tests verify what we see in terms of personality, leadership and talent (the BP, the LSI and capacity tests).
- Business cases and dilemma scenarios are used to simulate a leadership situation based on the challenges of the specific role.
Lisberg sees several advantages in using the BP and the LSI tests: They are modern, they are built on relevant basic research and they are easy to communicate to candidates and clients. The BP and the LSI also support each other (the personality supports leadership in the LSI) and the LSI test is one of the few instruments on the market that measures the most important aspects of leadership, i.e. the ability to implement, communicate/lead and drive changes in a more complex world.
The BP, the LSI and capacity tests increase the accuracy of the recruitment and they provide a security for both the client and the candidate as well as for Lisberg.
- Sweden’s largest privately owned sawmill company with some 950 employees at 18 production facilities.
- Production is mainly focused on structural timber and about 85% of production is exported.
- Operations also include the manufacture of packaging, pellet manufacture, house manufacture and biofuel trading.
- The headoffice is located in Alvesta and the plants are strategically located near forest owners in the Småland, Skåne and Västra Götaland regions of Sweden.
VIDA uses Psytest’s BP – the Basic Profile Test, LSI – the Leadership Style Inventory Test, as well as ability tests in almost all recruitments, both internally and externally.
VIDA handle approximately 15-20 recruitments a year (both internal and external recruitments). A recruitment is expensive and it is therefore important to find the right person in a long-term perspective. It is important to maintain high quality in every recruitment.
VIDA has got a well-established recruitment process, where tests are an important part. VIDA sees an advantage in Psytest offering two different personality tests – a general personality test (BP) and one test that focuses on the leadership style (LSI). In white-collar recruitments, BP and LSI are always used and BP is used in recruitments of blue-collar workers. Ability tests are important complements, as mental ability is important to measure and difficult to access in other ways.
Camilla Milton, HR Manager at VIDA, and the recruiting manager are responsible for the recruitment process. The pre-work is very important and a requirement specification for the role and the position is always made. The applications will then be reviewed and you will look at background, education, experience and other qualifications before making a first selection and “screening interviews”. The tests can then measure the characteristics required according to the requirement specification and also provide valuable guidance on what questions should be asked in the qualitative deep-interviews that verify and help to draw out the characteristics of the candidates. The tests also provide guidance on what to ask when checking the references.
Camilla Milton is a very experienced test user and has used other tests earlier. She sees many benefits in using the BP and the LSI tests – they are reliable and work in practice, and they add important parts in the recruitment process.
The tests are important parts of the quality assurance. They increase the accuracy and the quality of the recruitment decisions.